MARION MACKENZIE PYLE
(213) 703-9957 • email@example.com • www.mackenziepyle.com
MEDIA and COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE
Strategic Communications ~ Public Relations ~ Public Affairs
Media Production ~ Social Marketing
Accomplished executive combining broad-based expertise in strategy communications, public affairs, broadcast journalism, media production, and social marketing. Proven experience in the design of comprehensive branding and public relations campaigns to elevate the presence and visibility of diverse organizations. Advanced communicator with demonstrated ability to craft high-impact oral and written messages. Seasoned project manager; expert at directing all aspects of major projects and initiatives from initial concept and development through to execution and measurement. Dynamic seminar leader and television host. Recognized throughout career for innovation and leadership. Bilingual English/Spanish.
Additional areas of expertise include:
Media and Spokesperson Training • Strategic Planning • Group Facilitation
Media Relations • Traditional and Social Media • Copywriter/Producer
KEY PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- Wrote, produced and hosted award-winning cable television series about green living and environmental sustainability issues in California.
- Wrote, produced and co-hosted award-winning television commercials in both English and Spanish for national and international clients.
- Directed cross cultural media relations initiatives for large regional public agencies.
- Established the press office as a valuable resource center, creating comprehensive media training manuals.
- Facilitated various executive media and spokesperson training for hundreds of C-level executives.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Legacy Media Lab, Glendale, California, 2011- current
Design of strategic multi-media communications, public relations and marketing campaigns combining traditional and social media, press events, community outreach, and fundraising initiatives to raise organizational awareness and visibility. Build strategic partnerships and produce fundraising galas. Organize educational forums and special events for public sector, corporate and non profit clients. Design and lead executive-level media training and business presentation seminars for clients.
AZUSA PACIFIC UNIVERSITY, Azusa, California, 2013- current
Adjunct Professor of Communications
Professor of Public Relations, Public Speaking and Presentational Speaking for Business.
THE ROGERS GROUP, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, 2008 – 2011
Vice President & Director of Multicultural Strategies
Leveraged expertise in cross-cultural, multi-media, regional and national communications to raise awareness, drive sales and/or generate measurable behavior change for entertainment, government and non-profit clients. Incorporated traditional and social media in design of public relations and outreach campaigns to elevate brand awareness. Ensured message consistency by forging relationships with key, influential general market and ethnic media stakeholders. Provided leadership to team of direct reports and freelance professionals while managing multi-million dollar budgets and contracts.
- Achieved superior results, generating thousands of dollars in earned digital, broadcast and print media coverage.
- Penetrated new markets, cultivating $1.6 million in new business opportunities.
- Advised clients on public relations strategies, enhancing clients’ reputation through implementation of crisis communications strategies, in addition to facilitation of frequent spokesperson training initiatives.
- Diverse client base included Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment, LA Auto Show, First 5 California, Whole Foods, California Department of Health Services, Institute of Myeloma and Bone Cancer Research, and Foresters Insurance, among others.
METROPOLITAN WATER DISTRICT OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, 1998 – 2008
Program Manager, External Affairs
Enhanced agency image and successfully furthered MWD initiatives through development of strategic relationships with media professionals, as well as local, state and federal public and private sector stakeholders. Designed and implemented communications initiatives comprised of media projects and press events and public information campaigns, incorporating the Web, television, general market and ethnic media, radio, print publications, and outdoor advertising. Directed bilingual media relations initiatives, and provided media training to board directors and senior executives. Served as the agency’s bilingual spokesperson. Designed and produced bilingual collateral, press kits, speeches, message points, articles, fact sheets and advertising copy. Protected agency image and message during both routine interviews and crisis events.
- Recognized with more a dozen television, public relations and public affairs awards for creation of first video news magazine series about water sustainability and green living in California; marketed series to Bay Area PBS stations in addition to Time Warner and Charter with more than 17 million potential viewers.
- Leveraged relationships with cable television networks and general market and ethnic media contacts in creating over $13 million in positive earned media.
- Provided crisis management counsel to executive staff.
- Built comprehensive media training manuals and provided media training to the 26 member-agency leadership to improve their overall expertise in maximizing every media interview opportunity.
Additional accomplishments took place as a Freelance Copywriter/Producer:
Wrote and produced bilingual television and radio commercials in addition to print and outdoor advertising. Collaborated with several agencies, including Cruz/Kravetz: IDEAS, Grey Advertising, The Russ Reid Company, and Los Angeles Convention and Visitors Bureau. Engaged multiple high-profile clients, including Kraft USA, Toyota, McDonald’s, World Vision, Mexico Ministry of Tourism, and La Opinion.
Master of Arts – Media & Communication Management
University of Southern California
Bachelor of Arts – Mass Media & Communication
Anahuac University – Mexico City
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 2014, Author and seminar leader of “Healed, Healthy and Whole, How We Beat Cancer with Integrative Therapies and Essential Healing Strategies,” generating dozens of national and local television, radio and online interviews.
- 2009, 04, 03 PRISM, and Award of Excellence Public Relations Society of America, Los Angeles
- 2006, 05, 04 Telly Award
- 2003 Star Award National Association of Telecommunications Officers & Advisors (SCAN NATOA)
- 2002 Communicator Awards (5 awards)
- 2001 Silver, Public Communicators of Los Angeles (PCLA)
- 2000 Aurora Gold Award
Public Relations, media relations and marketing for LA Regional Foodbank; Rape Treatment Center, Santa Monica Thanksgiving Homeless Community Dinner, and Hope for People International.